Excellence in Planning Award:
The purpose of this award is to recognize the best in professional planning work undertaken by members in communities and regions across Saskatchewan:
- Research and New Directions in Planning
- Excellence in Policy Planning
- Excellence in Planning Practice (Urban and Rural)
|2015||City of Yorkton/Crosby Hanna and Associates|
|2016||City of Regina – Development Charge Policy Review and Phasing and Financing Plan for New Growth Areas Project|
|2017||City of Prince Albert, Project Planning Group and Community|
Volunteer Recognition Award
The purpose of this award is to recognize the efforts of an SPPI member based on a personal commitment to planning; and to recognize extraordinary services and a significant contribution to the Institute by a volunteer.
|2011||Elisabeth Miller RPP MCIP|
|2012||Jim Walter RPP MCIP|
|2013||Martino Verhaeghe RPP MCIP|
|2015||Lorne Sully RPP MCIP|
|2016||THRIVE 2015 CIP Organizing Committee|
The Andy Campbell Award
The Saskatchewan Professional Planners Institute annually presents a $200.00 award and a Certificate to a full-time fourth year student registered in the Regional and Urban Development Program. The student must be eligible for graduation and obtain the highest scholastic standing in the third and fourth year courses as designated by the College of Arts & Science. The recipient must also be a Student Member in standing with SPPI. Past recipients are:
|1980-1981||Felix Paul Hoehn|
|1981-1982||Donald G. Meikle|
Fraser-Gatrell Planning Awards
These awards are designed to recognize the efforts of both members and non-members of SPPI as they promote and enhance community planning in our communities.
Distinguished Contribution – Planner
Presented to a member of SPPI deserving of such recognition as a result of major achievement in one or more of the following areas:
- Long time service and contribution to the Planning Profession;
- Work-related achievements including development plans, redevelopment projects, regional plans, policy plans and other projects where the planning process has been exercised;
- Public participation including community service, education, committee/task force work, dispute resolution and other related work involving the enhancement of planning from a public perspective.
|1992||Dr. J. H. Richards|
|2012||Andrew J. Hanna|
Citizen’s Planning Award
This award is presented to a person who is not a member of SPPI but has made a significant contribution to the promotion of Planning. The potential recipient could be a politician, educator, journalist, civil servant, or any other person who has directly enhanced the planning profession.
|1993||Ralph K. Leibel Sr.|
|1998||Lucy M. Eley|
|2001||Dr. Edmond H. Dale|